We have a great deal of experience in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) for eCommerce websites to improve the position of both your online store and the items you sell.
We have some secret ways of doing this for your eCommerce website but we can share our most common tactics that are specific to eCommerce to genuinely improve your orders.
- Navigation around the eCommerce website must be easy for both Google and your customers. There are specific tasks that need to be done to ensure that you make the most of website layout to ensure your items rank highly. e.g., the URLs of the products themselves, how the categories interlink, location of your checkout.
- You must avoid duplicate content by ensuring that your products are unique, even if the same product exists in multiple product categories, that can be achieved with some clever use of meta tags.
- The website needs to respond quickly to keep your Page speed very quick. This is especially tricky in category listings that show lots of products, but we have tricks and tactics that can reduce your load times massively through on site and on server fixes.
- Product Reviews are big news for Google and other engines but they must be able to find the reviews and make sense of them in order to display them against your listings in search results by using hReview microformats.
- Get your products out of your online store and into global eCommerce website places like Google Shopping, Facebook, eBay and Amazon to reach massive audiences. We have experience in adapting existing stores to make this happen and our new online stores come with these features built in.
These are just a few of the things we do to make your website rank high on search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo to get you more customers and more sales.