(Please take time to review the ‘Projects’ section to discover what I’ve been working on) Responsible for Technical Direction of the Approved Food group of companies. Responsible for everything related to Web, Internal Software and IT structure.
★ “Go To” person for all things technical ★
Complex end-to-end e-Commerce solution encompassing Website, Warehouse Management, Picking, Stock Management, Shipping, Customer Support, detailed Business Reporting and much more. Continuous development providing further efficiencies to the business.
Complete design & implementation of innovative ‘Assisted Pick’ and ‘Assisted Fill’ fully automated self-optimising picking and JIT stock management systems.
In 2014, designed & implemented network infrastructure for new warehouse & office including wired, wireless and server infrastructure.
All systems are being re-factored and improved to support multiple e-commerce brands running on the same architecture with end-to-end customisation and white-labelling.
- Programming: PHP (currently up to v5.6), JS, JSX, ES6, VB, ASPX. Highly efficient and excellent quality.
- API/SOAP/XML service integration and exposure
- Paypal, Twitter & Facebook APIs. Embedded web payments and remote payments.
- Laravel, React, Angular, Bootstrap frameworks amongst others
- Cordova, Phonegap, React Native
- MySQL (Percona Cluster)
- Server management - Unix (Centos,Redhat, Ubuntu), Puppet, Windows Server, Virtualization (VMware ESXi), high-availability & fail over (haproxy), VPN (pptp & ipsec)
- Network hardware - routers (Mikrotik, Netgear), switches, firewall with extensive quality of service layers, PDUs, etc.
- Wireless systems - D-Link, Netgear, Ubiquiti Unifi
- Remote Private Cloud - multiple web fronts, load balancers, firewalls, mysql cluster
- Windows, Web and Unix Applications
- Zendesk, Zopim, Github
- Domain management including name servers
- Workstation support